Let’s face it, if you really want to go to the top in your MLM business, there are many skillsets to master, however, there is a really cool MLM leadership skill that many top earners have mastered and yet no one really talks about it. In today’s post, I am going uncover this one particular MLM leadership skill that you may have never even thought about. Although it’s not so obvious, it does exist and at the end of the day, it is a vital piece of the MLM leadership skill set puzzle.
Ask yourself a few questions.
Are you are a good leader? If so, why? What are the most important skills you need to have to be a good leader? Is there one particular characteristic that is more important than any other?
Some say it’s being a great motivator while others say that it’s having impeccable integrity. While all these traits are important, there’s still one that remains hidden to the naked eye. According to psychologist and author Sherrie Campbell it is self-awareness.
Self-awareness is the ability to monitor one’s own emotions and reactions. It seems simple enough, right? Read on.
“Self-awareness keeps us grounded, attuned and focused,” said Campbell, author of “Loving Yourself: The Master of Being Your Own Person” (AuthorHouse, 2012). “When leaders are grounded, they are able to be more efficient and deliberate in staying on task, and being attuned to those around them. Leaders who have the ability to control their minds and emotions help to guide those around them to develop their own self-knowledge and success.”
If you think about it, the top leaders around you have mastered this MLM leadership skill. If not, they are well on their way because without it, it will be difficult to lead a large team of other leaders.
It can be difficult to master the MLM leadership skill of becoming self aware but it can be done.
Here 10 strategies to help you master the MLM leadership skill of self awareness:
- Learn to be honest and mindful of your own weaknesses and strengths. Self-aware MLM leaders are mindful of what they can and cannot do. They are not self deceived.
- A mindful leader has shockingly strong boundaries in place. It ís fine to be friendly to others but you need to say “no” when you have to. They have no problem saying “no” and they are not afraid of the consequences.
- You need to figure out what your emotional triggers are. Self-aware leaders can immediately identify their emotions. Don’t limit your emotions or even deny what is causing them. Instead be flexible with them and process them before you communicate with others. Also recognize that your emotional triggers can change over time, especially if you are rigorously immersing yourself into personal development. Also, be mindful of the effect that these changes will have on those closest to you. They may feel a sense of loss because you are growing and transforming. Don’t allow their sense of loss to become a new trigger for you. The truth is they are not losing anything, you’re just becoming an improved version of yourself. In the long run they will realize it. But for now, stand strong.
- Self-aware leaders embrace their intuition. They trust their gut instinct and are willing to take any risks associated with following them. Instincts come from our need to succeed and the survival of the fittest. Your gut instincts tell you what you should do next. Learn trust them. Don’t be so quick to override them.
- When you are self-aware, you are disciplined in every area of your life. You might not be there yet, but you are on a journey. I never heard of a top leader that was not self disciplined. It’s like a muscle, they more you exercise it, the stronger you become. Practice self-discipline to help you stay focused as a strong MLM leader.
- Self-aware leaders are able to stay focused even among the many everyday distractions in business and in life. You need to train yourself to block everything out but what you are focusing on for long periods of time. Don’t just create to do lists, actually schedule your projects. For example, When you schedule your time at the gym, instead of just listing it as a random item, you will feel more committed to getting it done. It will seem less optional and more important.
- There are a ton of courses and self-help guides available to help you build your self-awareness. Personality test like the Myers-Briggs Predictive Index and the Strengths Finder are both popular and very good at helping you dig into self-reflection. These Psychometric tests are useful for getting a balanced view of how you behave. My family constantly teases me because I’ve been a student of these courses and tests for you years. But they can’t deny I know myself. I am extremely self aware. I see it as my responsibility to know myself and to communicate it effectively.
- Trying new experiences can help you discover things about yourself and cause you to be more self aware. How do you reaction to new people, and environments. Try exploring new cities, or try a new hobby. Maybe even switch up your exercise routine. You’d be surprised at how a stimulating or energizing activity may help you find hidden talents or other things you did not know about yourself. This could actually be fun!
- Tell your life story to your mentor or coach. They will hear and see much more than the words you are saying. It can help them understand who you are and give you feedback on what they see. Feedback from super secure people can go a long way.
- I’ve kept journals for years. Try doing a daily writing exercise. Writing down your thoughts and feelings daily can actually help build your emotional confidence as well as release any negative emotions that might be weighing you down. It can also help you keep track of the range of emotions you may be experiencing during any particular time when you review it at a late time. This works great during times of intense stress or crisis. I call it “self-therapy”. If you are going to lead a large team, you will come in contact with all kinds of people, problems and situations. It’s unavoidable. Being grounded will help you come out on top every time.
Self aware people tend to be happier, healthier and more successful than their counterparts who search for others to confirm them. This is a stealth MLM leadership skill that top earners have in their arsenal. If you want to go the top and stay there, my best advice is to develop this trait early on. It will serve you well and cause you serve others even better. You will give them space they need to develop their unique leadership style instead of creating a bunch of followers.
Overall, having a high level of self-awareness helps you be a better team leader by helping you build better relationships. When you know your strengths and weaknesses, you’re better able to control your emotions. You can face situations from a different perspective. Your team members will see you as confident and actually want to follow you to the top.
To your continued success,
“Helping smart success oriented people live a big life”
Text Direct: 678-796-8290
Want to get more Home Business Leads Online? CLICK HERE NOW
Want to know more about Coaching? CLICK HERE NOW
P.S. Did you get value? Please feel free to comment, like and share on Facebook!
If you don’t have a step by step blueprint for online lead generation and social media marketing success, CHECK THIS OUT!! (Unless you already have too many leads and sales) CLICK HERE FOR INSTANT ACCESS!!