As you continue to grow your MLM business, you will be faced with new opportunities and the prospect of developing new skills. Skills typically fall into 2 categories. They are either tactical or strategic. Tactical skills are skills that are forever changing. Using social media to generate leads is a perfect example of a tactical skill set. Social media strategies come and go because they are forever changing. For example, what was working on Facebook 3 years ago is completely different from what’s working today.
Strategic skills sets however are what we like to call “evergreen”. The foundation of the skill never changes. It may however, be applied in a more modern framework. To really skyrocket your MLM business, it is important to incorporate both tactical and strategic skills into your game plan. An example of a strategic skill would be closing a prospect into your business. Today we are going to discuss the strategic skill of public speaking. Before your palms start to sweat, hear me out. Public speaking is a life and business skill that help you improve all aspects of your life. It is worth it’s weight in gold once you master the basics and practice, practice, practice it. You can use this strategic skill in your MLM business in many creative ways. Whenever I speak in public, I see myself closing the whole room regardless of what I’m sharing.
Are you fearful of public speaking? Have you ever hoped to convince others with your words from the front of the room? You are not alone. According to MagneticSpeaking.com, 7% of Americans (27 million people)have a fear of public speaking. Even if you don’t actually fear speaking in public, sharpening this skill can increase your bottom line; it can lead to more sales and sign ups in your MLM business.
Improve your public speaking skills and grow your MLM business with these 6 tips:
- Tell a true story. Have you ever heard “facts tell and stories sell”. It is so true. Everybody loves a good story. Stories draw your listener in and engages them. This is especially useful in your MLM business because we have so many opportunities to tell stories. You can share product testimonials. If you don’t personally have your own story. Tell someone elses. Make sure it is compelling. Outline your story before your speaking engagement. It should have a beginning, middle, and ending that is clear so that you present your ideas with clarity.
- Get to know your audience before your speech. This is a killer and often overlooked strategy. If at all possible, get to know your audience by showing up early, meeting and chatting with a few of the guest attendees. Smile and shake hands. This destroys the barrier between invited speaker and guest. It make both you and the audience feel at ease. They feel like they already know you. The may even see you as a friend, someone they “know, like and trust.” You could even use someone you just met in your example. You could refer to your conversation you had just minutes before. This strategy puts the whole room at ease and more receptive to your ideas. I’ve used this strategy in the past to close 80% of the room.
- Keep moving especially if you have a lot of energy. Slight body movements are interesting and can transfer energy to the audience. This works especially well if you are a little nervous or you are drawing a blank. If you suddenly realize you skipped something in your outline. Movement will serve as a slight, but useful distraction. Never call attention to your omission and disrupt the flow of your speech. Plus, if you don’t draw attention to something that was omitted, then your audience probably won’t even realize anything was missing.
- Never Apologize. If you are nervous and think that you’re messing up, do not apologize. Chances are, your audience doesn’t even notice. If you do make a mistake, correct it and continue with your speech. You never want to give away your power. You are up there for a reason. You may not be perfect, but you are still the expert and you are delivering valuable content to your audience. Never forget that.
- Avoid drinking alcohol or too much caffeine before your speech. This may seem like common sense but it bears repeating. While having that little glass of wine or a triple latte may seem like a great confidence booster, it’s not. Nothing could be worse than reaching the podium and drawing a blank on what to say, simply because you are drunk or nervously twirling your hair because you’re hyped up on caffeine.
- Always end on a positive note and give them a call to action. You may have been trained to hit your audience’s pain points. Just keep in mind that you are there to offer up a solution to alleviate their pain and solve their problem. Don’t get so carried away that you forget to mention it. Make sure you deliver the solution in a positive manner. Also, be sure to give a call to action, no matter what the topic is. You don’t always have to be selling something. If it’s a purely motivational speech. Give them a few a takeaways that they can “act” on to make their life and the world better.
Speeches can be used countless different ways to build your MLM business. Still, public speaking skills are often elusive. Now if the opportunity presents itself, you no longer have to draw back in fear or uncertainty. As you can see, You too can master this skill. You can set yourself and your MLM business apart by taking the time to hone this powerful strategic skill. When you give a great speech, you can get great results in your MLM business. You would be surprised how many prospects would open to explore the possibilities of working with you in the future.
To your continued success,
“Helping smart success oriented people live a big life”
Text Direct: 678-796-8290
Want to get more Home Business Leads Online? CLICK HERE NOW
Want to know more about Coaching? CLICK HERE NOW
P.S. Did you get value today? Please comment, like and share on Facebook. Thanks!!
P.S. If you don’t have a step by step blueprint for online lead generation and social media marketing success, CHECK THIS OUT!! (Unless you already have too many leads and sales) CLICK HERE FOR INSTANT ACCESS!!